Uniforms And Gear
Please note the new abu are authorized to wear now
please follow the new guidelines listed in CApr 39-1
- All staff members, Cadet and Senior members, will wear a black T-shirt with BDU's. All inflights will wear a brown T-shirt with BDU's.
- BDU sleeves will be rolled up after daylight savings time in March and will be rolled down after daylight savings time in November.
- The Physical Training uniform and gear will be as follows:
-shorts (navy blue or black, will hang below fingertips when arms are hanging naturally at sides)
-shirt (navy blue, black, or any encampment or military shirt)
-sneakers with socks
- Every cadet must participate in Physical Fitness Testing. If you are unable to participate for any medical reason a parent may request you to be excused. If you need PT to promote and you have a medical condition that restricts you from participating, a form CAPP 52-18 Attachment 1 must be completed and signed by a physician.
Testing & Promotions
- All cadet must test at least once a month; unless restricted by promotion qualifications or restrictions (i.e. Spaatz and Eaker cadets.)
- Per CAPR 52-16, cadets may not test past their next achievement. For example, a C/TSgt may take Achievement 5 tests, but not Achievement 6 tests.
- Cadets must participate in one squadron activity (outside of squadron meetings) in order to receive a promotion. Squadron activities MAY NOT be banked (if you do community service as a C/TSgt, it will only count towards your promotion to C/MSgt, not C/SMSgt.)
- Each cadet must promote at least twice a year.
- Cadets who hold staff positions are required to promote at least four times a year; as per NY Wing and Finger Lakes Group.
- ALL cadets must follow the chain of command!
- Each cadet must attend 75% of squadron meetings per month in order to hold a staff position or promote.
- Prior to opening ALL cadets will sign in and meet with their flight staff to have flight time. This time is not social time.
- Per CAPR 52-16, cadets will not mock other cadets at any point in time for any reason, whether it be in seriousness or jest.
- Dating among cadets is discouraged.